Discover 4 new good practices implemented by women and girls with disabilities in Senegal, 3 new good practices and a promising one from Benin.
Read the report in French : link to MIW Report in Word-French and in PDF-French.
Read the report in English : in Word and PDF.
Our new report titled: "Leadership of women with disabilities: strategies to combat violence in West Africa" is published on the 25th of November 2022, International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
Good practices are as follows:
- Active listening by peers at the Pikine Est Listening Center - Association des Handicapés de Pikine Est (AHPE) Senegal
- Improving access to sexual and reproductive health services (SRH) for women and girls with disabilities in Thiès - The Women’s Unit of Handicap FormEduc (HFE) Senegal
- Inclusive mechanisms to combat GBV and promote the rights of women and girls with disabilities - Community Brigade for the Awareness and Denunciation of Human Rights Violations of Ziguinchor - Senegal
- Women's rights with a capital W: creation of a feminist and inclusive platform in Thiès - Platform for women leaders - Senegal
- Girls’ Club: discussions and intergenerational transmission between women and girls with visual disabilities - The Organisation of Blind Women of Benin (OFAB) - Benin
- The empowerment of women with disabilities through access to microcredit - NGO Dedji - Benin
- Women leaders with disabilities alongside women and girls with disabilities in rural areas - NGO Bartimée - Benin
- Promising practice: Women with disabilities and mothers working together for the well-being of children with disabilities in the community - Parakou Centre for Social Advancement 1 and Madihatou Mohamed (a volunteer) - Benin